SID - roster update?

29 Posts
8 Users
27 Likes
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The new guys should be enrolled by now so can you share any updates?  Thanks in advance

Posted : January 24, 2023 1:07 pm
UNMSID
(@unmsid)
Noble Member

We finally have everyone all set and good to go, so we are announcing 16 names tomorrow (Wednesday) throughout the mid morning and mid afternoon (depends how fast I can get everything scheduled) and then we will have a media deal with Coach G at 4:15 pm, and we will post that soon afterwards.

UNMSID

Posted : January 24, 2023 3:58 pm
ManiacalWolf, UNM Class of1972, Leviblu and 4 people reacted
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thank you - looking forward to it

Posted : January 24, 2023 4:14 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So, with these 16 new guys + the 11 signed earlier it appears that we pretty much have made up for all who matriculated or transferred out. Some here were lamenting only inking 11 earlier but so far it seems it is going just as DG said. Of course, only time will tell if these are the “right” guys to get the needed Ws but at least as to ”numbers” we are where we need to be.

Posted : January 24, 2023 7:04 pm
jdw
 jdw
(@jdw)
Famed Member

Names popping up on Twitter 2 #lobofootball. At work, no time to list them. Couple of names we haven't heard before.

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:20 am
Doublealum reacted
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

thanks jdw - too bad for me not on twitter but waiting for the golobos update with baited breath

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:23 am
UNMSID
(@unmsid)
Noble Member

@doublealum they are also getting announced on the UNM Lobo Football Instagram and Facebook pages.

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:26 am
jdw and Doublealum reacted
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @unmsid

@doublealum they are also getting announced on the UNM Lobo Football Instagram and Facebook pages.

thanks - i know i'm "not with it" but i don't do any of those - my problem but will appreciate the golobos and the later in the day posting of the announcement.  again thanks 

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:28 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

oh i see that i can see them on twitter without having to have an account - i'm on it and stoked - thanks SID and jdw!  Go Lobos! 

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:33 am
jdw reacted
jdw
 jdw
(@jdw)
Famed Member

Lol, Frank, having fun with this? 🙂

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:47 am
Doublealum reacted
LoboMurv
(@lobomarv46)
Reputable Member

So far everyone being announced are RBs, WRs, TE and QBs.   No O-Line or defensive players i've seen.   

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:49 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @lobomarv46

So far everyone being announced are RBs, WRs, TE and QBs.   No O-Line or defensive players i've seen.   

one guy is listed as TE/DE - time will tell but some good size in general and some decent speed it seems. 

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:51 am
UNMSID
(@unmsid)
Noble Member

@lobomarv46 There was a pattern ... QBs, offense ... then the last offensive guy (who is in three minutes, is from a school so we transition to the same school but the defensive guys ... then it's all defense after that).

I sat at my kitchen table this morning from 7:30 to about 9:30 am unloading the dishwasher and scheduling all of the posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Yes I had fun and it's pretty exciting to add all these pieces.

Coach G said at his original December signing day presser there was a plan in place and we would have a much bigger announcement of transfers and mid-years which was why that December announcement was only 11.  We will have a few more names next week for the February signing day too.

Posted : January 25, 2023 10:59 am
Doublealum and jdw reacted
BobOso
(@boboso)
Illustrious Member

WOW, I mean they always look good on twitter and time will tell how and if they produce. But it looks like Danny and his team had quite the hunting expedition. Finally have men playing against men. One of those WR's looks like he's pushing 35 in his pic. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by BobOso

Posted : January 25, 2023 12:44 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Looks like a lot of balance in terms of positions on D - DBs, LBs, and a couple of D-linemen.  On O I think all skill position players no O-linemen - hope maybe some in Feb. late signing period although we did get a couple in the early signing period.  Overall, very good size, looks exciting and am anticipating the coaches' breakdowns on golobos.com this afternoon.  Thanks to SID and jdw for pointing me in the right direction to watch these come in.      

Posted : January 25, 2023 12:52 pm
zygote reacted
jdw
 jdw
(@jdw)
Famed Member

also, 23 of them are already in school. That's excellent.

Posted : January 25, 2023 1:12 pm
jdw
 jdw
(@jdw)
Famed Member

Also, Frank? On Devon, Sagaro. Nit-picky, but someone's sure to call you out on it. 🙂

Posted : January 25, 2023 1:14 pm
jdw
 jdw
(@jdw)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jdw

Also, Frank? On Devon, Saguaro. Nit-picky, but someone's sure to call you out on it. 🙂

Posted : January 25, 2023 1:14 pm
UNMSID
(@unmsid)
Noble Member

@jdw He's from Saguaro ... that's how it's spelled ... at least everywhere and on his questionnaire.

Posted : January 25, 2023 2:37 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

so a 17th? 

Posted : January 25, 2023 2:46 pm
jdw
 jdw
(@jdw)
Famed Member

@unmsid Sorry, edited my original. On your twitter pic of the release, it's seguaro, which is what I was pointing out.

Posted : January 25, 2023 2:48 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dorian Lewis maybe the 17th? 

Posted : January 25, 2023 3:17 pm
BobOso
(@boboso)
Illustrious Member

I saw the "Pew, Pew, Pew" thought we recruited Michael Peake

Posted : January 25, 2023 3:39 pm
Mr. Banana
(@mr-banana)
Noble Member

We stole enough dudes from TCU, how about one from Oklahoma!

https://247sports.com/player/bryson-washington-46049451/

20 Jurassic Park GIFs to Apply to Your Life - E! Online

Posted : January 25, 2023 3:47 pm
Doublealum reacted
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

bryson washington - db transfer from Okla.   4* our of high school (i think at least the 2nd one)

Posted : January 25, 2023 3:47 pm
Mr. Banana reacted
BobOso
(@boboso)
Illustrious Member

What changed ? Could we have been getting guys like this the whole time and chose the HS route, are we taking chances on kids ? Seems like a shift for sure. Collective hitting on all cylinders ?

Posted : January 25, 2023 4:19 pm
jdw
 jdw
(@jdw)
Famed Member

I think that last year woke a lot of people up to the possibilities of the Portal. Now, all of these are second- and third-string for the most part, but that's the purpose of the Portal. Three from TCU and one from OU is eye opening though.

Have to win some games next year, though. Replacing most of the offense and a bit of the D will make it interesting.

Posted : January 25, 2023 4:30 pm
Doublealum reacted
ArkansasLobo
(@arkansaslobo)
Famed Member

8 WRs, 6 DBs, 4 QBs, 3 LBs, 2 OL, 2 TE, 2 DL and 2 RBs....Hit the skill positions hard, hopefully see some linemen signed in February. I would say that we might pass the ball a little next year!!! Dorian Lewis was the 18th player announced and signed!

3 from TCU, 1 from OU, 1 from Washington State, 7 from JuCo ranks, 1 Alabama State, 2 UAB, 1 Temple, 1 Louisiana Monroe, 1 App State

Posted : January 25, 2023 6:45 pm
Leviblu and Doublealum reacted
NightWolf
(@nightwolf)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @doublealum

bryson washington - db transfer from Okla.   4* our of high school (i think at least the 2nd one)

looks like we'll lead the league in Washington's,  for sure.

Posted : January 25, 2023 9:08 pm